This month, Louis can:
- sit up with minimal support
- bear his weight on his legs while standing
- show off his two new teeth
- roll over (sort of)
- give kisses
- clearing his throat to get our attention
- being walked in the laundry room before bed (it's dark and the dryer provides a rhythm)
- being read to (especially The Hungry Caterpillar)
- waking up early
- eating his clothes and his thumb
- his carseat (someday I will be able to remove this from the list...)
- being in a room where Mama isn't
Louis has determined that he is a big boy and would rather not lie down, but play while sitting up. We typically put the boppy pillow around him for extra support, but it's always a gamble as to what position he'll be in when you come back!
Louis rolled over twice when he was four months and two days old. I marked it on the calendar and assumed we were done-for, but then he went on a three-week strike of never rolling again! Since then, he has rolled a handful of times (some in his sleep) but he mostly would rather complain about undesirable positions and wait for one of us to "fix" him!
The absolute cutest thing Louis does now, is give kisses. If you hold him near your face and pucker up, he'll return the love. Of course though, his love is rather messy - open mouth and tongue out (hide your daughters).
While I do schoolwork with Nasko in the mornings, Chance typically spends time playing with Louis. Louis' favorite part is when Chance reads books. If you recite the first line of "The Very Hungry Caterpillar," he squeals and settles in to listen. Actually, Eric Carle's Hungry Caterpillar and Brown Bear have bought me a few miles on road trips - I (fortunately) have multiple children's books memorized and can recite them while driving.
It's hard to tell in most pictures, but Louis is a rather big dude! A couple weeks ago, he weighed in at 16 pounds 6 ounces. His height is what always surprises us though - he's 27 inches long, which puts him in the 97th-98th percentile!